Wednesday 30 June 2010

Overview




This summer I'm in South Korea participating in the NSF EAPSI program. The idea of the program is to promote international research collaboration. So I'll be working with Dr. Jun-Ho Oh at KAIST who runs the HUBO Lab. They've developed several versions of HUBO, one of the best humanoid robots in the world.

Here's some videos:
(1) HUBO robot demonstrating various motions (2) HUBO robot running (3) HUBO even has his own Segway (4) Possibly the coolest use of a humanoid robot, though somewhat redundant

[The videos should work now, the website was temporarily down.]

I'll be in South Korea from June 20 - August 20, and then I'll be going to Japan for a week. The Japan trip is just for fun since I'm already over here. The first week of the program was an orientation for the 25 participants from various universities in the US. We learned how to read Hangul (Korean alphabet), visited some research and industry sites, and visited lots of tourist attractions.

I'll be posting lots of pictures once I can get around to it. Just about everybody in our group brought a camera so there's lots to filter through. Here's some teaser pics:





3 comments:

  1. Hi! Viktor!
    I'm Young J.sitting on your desk in this summer.
    Enjoy whole of Korea.
    See you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (a message to Hubo lab people only)
    In the lab, please give Viktor a hard time. It's OK - he's been toughened up at RoMeLa, so he can take it (as a matter of fact, I think he actually enjoys that)
    Dr. Hong

    ReplyDelete