Wednesday 25 August 2010

General Tso's for Lunch

A few weeks ago, the Hubo Lab got a new puppy. Its really cute, and nice to have around the lab. I wish we could pull this off in the US. Maybe we could tell people its a robot dog?
It's supposedly a breed that's from China, so the Americans in the lab decided we wanted to name it General Tso, after the famous Chinese food of course. In case you don't know, General Tso's chicken is not real Chinese food (neither are fortune cookies). Its really only served in America, so the Koreans had never heard of it before. But they thought 'General' made for a good name so it has stuck.
In related news, I had lunch at a place that served a certain type of soup that I would never be able to get in the US. The soup had some vegetables and some meat, and came with some rice and side dishes. It tasted pretty good, but the meat was kind of fatty. Not bad, but I wouldn't really be excited about eating it again.
If you haven't figured out what kind of soup it was yet, then try rereading the title of this post. If you still don't get it, let me know and I'll fill you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment